Mar 3, 2010

Family Shots and Thrifting

A few weeks ago a friend of mine Laura took our pictures of our family as practice for her and her husband's new phtography business. It was so cold that day though and the kids were VERY difficult. Josh and Laura were so funny with the kids though that they managed to get them to look at the camera and even crack a small smile. It probably would have helped too if I had brought them hats and mittens to help brave the weather....
Thanks Laura and Josh! You guys are going places I know it.
And on to my Thrift Store finds....Our local Thrift Shop doesn't have too many things to be desired...but occasionally I find something worth picking up. Below is my new fruit bowl.
$3.oo! I love the shape and the beaded edge!
I bought these two wall candle sconces. They were black and I got both of them for $4.00. I gave them a quick spray of white so they would fit nicely in Elizabeth's room.
A cute little pencil holder. Just something a little different than a plastic cup I guess.
I also found a stack of large white Urban Barn letters. I bought the large black ones to hang in our main floor when we moved in, and they were $8.00 a letter I think....and I bought four to spell H-O-M-E. When I found the stack of 7 white ones in the Thrift store for $2.50 for the WHOLE stack I was frantically trying to figure out what the letters could spell.....and came up with OUR BABY.....and that was the only combination I could figure out, so I was wondering what the origianl owners had acutally spelt with them??? Anyways, I started thinking they could spell "RUBY", which I would love for a little girl's name...that is IF we have another baby and IF it's a girl....so since I couldn't come up with a concrete use for them I sadly put them back....better luck next time.

4 comments:

  1. Love Love Love your thrift shop finds!!!! The candle things are so cute in white, good for you for being able to see the potential. I would have walked right by those :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I am trying to think of what words you can make from "our baby" lol. Great finds, you've really developed an eye for pieces of furniture, or decor that some would believe have lost their potential. WHen you are doen with it they are gorgeous and bascially look like they've been given more than a second chance at life!! I might have to call you one day when I feel like taking on some refinishing projects, you are a pro!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got the photos, they only took me FOREVER to put in the mail! Sorry! I love that you almost considered naming your next baby to fit the letters instead of the other way around, hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really envious of the white bowl! You scored. It's depression era and called...hmm forget, but the style has a name. If another little girl doesn't appear (and I'm sure one will) you could give the letters to Morgan's cousin Melissa who has a Ruby... to see her click on the link http://www.knuckleheadsclothing.com/

    click on Hula Mula at the top and look for the cute little 2 year old.

    ReplyDelete