Mar 29, 2010

Antique Dresser

My friend Laura asked me if I wanted an old dresser about a month ago. Laura's parents had just bought new bedroom furniture and were looking for a new home for their 50+ year old dresser. Laura didn't have room for it in her home and thought I might like to have a new project. When I saw it I fell in love! Morgan kindly went and picked it up for me again, and it sat on our back deck for a couple weeks until the weather cooperated with me finding time the time to get started.

Here is the before. The dresser was in such great shape structurally and the hardware was perfect already, just missing one. The original castor legs are my favorite. My workshop - our backyard, when it's nice out. After. The colour I used was called "inspiration white", a little warmer than a bright white. The hardware got sprayed black and I bought 2 new black antique style knobs to make up for the missing piece.
I think this is my new favorite piece of furniture. Thanks Laura's Mom!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness it is gorgeous!!!!!!!! I LOVE it!!!! Where is it going to go in your house? I thnk you did too good a job, Laura may want it back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I am trying to figure out where it is...I an see the light fixture in the mirror!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure have a good eye for style sue! your sisters right, can I have it back now? lol. Just kidding! I love what you did to it, I actually gasped when I saw it (maybe the same way you gasped when you saw the before? hehe) It's perfect, I can't wait to show my mom the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! I would have drooled over a piece like that. And free! Sweet. I love the different knobs, it adds more character. I am a fan:) Oh, and I am keeping that colour in mind. I don't like the stark white.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sue

    I'm continually impressed with your creativity!! I'm in Rexburg sitting next to my little sister discussing your blog.

    Your mother-in-law was chasing all over Helena and Butte today at JO-anne Fabrics looking for material for a wedding reception dress for Adele.

    Katie has a test then we're going out for a bite.

    Ken

    ReplyDelete