Mar 13, 2010

More White Paint

This canister has appeared before in my pictures, though it wasn't always white. I bought this originally brown canister at Homesense, after about 4 mark downs, and gave it a quick spray in my backyard last summer. I then asked a very good vinyl-making friend of mine to spell out SNACKS for me and stuck it on. My favorite thing about the canister is the little pokey-top lid. Morgan's least favorite thing about this canister is that it never actually holds any snacks.
These oringinally cherry stained chunky frames were $5 dollars each at Homesense, more than half off, and were cracking a bit the seams. They also got a spray of white paint and a bit of distressing to match the cracks. I got the idea from my sister here, to add vintage pictures to the frames. She had found a website that you could print good quality vintage photos for free. These are found in our main floor powder room.

4 comments:

  1. Love the snacks bin and the pictures in the bathroom! I had never seen the finished product of your vintage pictures, they look awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I love the snack bin! I would like to make a bread bin similar to that. What a great idea for printing out vintage pictures. The frames are perfect. White paint makes everything better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, just found your blog and I also am addicted to painting everything white! Love your picture frames, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome - love the freshness and the white tulips!

    ReplyDelete