Mar 12, 2010

Books

Books are one of the easiest ways to add colour, warmth, and charm to a room! While old furniture steals are usually few and far between, old books are a dime a dozen at thrift stores and garage sales. I bet most of us have some tucked away in our closets.

These books on Elizabeth's dresser are from my childhood - and probably exsisted before that. I remember playing library with my sister with the Alice and Wonderland and the Little Women book. Which book doesn't belong? The old Hardy Boys book can be Mason's later in life... Who doesn't remember Beatrix Potter books?
I found this Junior Classics series for free on a local website. There's supposed to be ten in the series, but two of them are missing.
We had a similar set as kids and always enjoyed playing "school" with them. There must be something about these old style books, because every other day I find Elizabeth reading these to Mason in a corner of his room.

2 comments:

  1. Love the books! I didn't realize you had all those! I definitely remember playing library :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that books are part of the atmosphere in your home. I was perusing the kids section of Chapters the other day, couldn't believe all the cool books kids get to read these days. I wanted a few for myself!

    ReplyDelete