Feb 26, 2010

Spring Fever

This week we've been enjoying the sights, sounds and scents of Spring. As I type this, my windows are open and I'm listening to a steady steam of water flowing down the drains outside. The snow is slowly disapearing and my backyard is looking more green (okay....brown.) than white. We are soaking it up as much as we can since this is likely only a tease until the real Spring arrives with more permanency. This week Spring has meant......

Mason splashing in puddles. He's wearing Elizbeth's rain boots from just last fall. His feet are catching up very quickly to hers...someone's headed towards size 15 feet like Daddy....

Going for walks. Elizabeth wearing her new rain boots. We opted to buy her the giraffe boots instead of the pink butterfly boots since Mason will be wearing them soon enough.

Tulips. I just can't resist Spring tulips.

All sorts of fresh cut flowers. I always stop by the "older" flower bucket at the Superstore, and get them for 50% off. You can get some really beautiful bunches of flowers for $5.00 and under, especially if you hit the store the day they mark them down! I've noticed our store does this on Thursdays. These are miniature carnations which I love since they are cheaper than most flowers, so you get a large bunch of fluffy white flowers for a reasonable price.

The kids get new bright Spring coloured church clothes. Elizabeth's dress and Mason's shirt and shoes were gifts from my mom - she has such great taste!
Spring sales! I had some groceries to do yesterday and Morgan said "take your time" ( I LOVE when he says that) and so I decided to make a stop at Homesense. I snagged this spring wreath for $2.00!
I'm sure we'll get hit with a blizzard next week but it sure is nice to be basking in sunshine and have a Spring break.

4 comments:

  1. Love the flowers Sue, but you could always come here to see flowers and green grass! I noticed your cake stand is empty....got to do some baking!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the flowers and the wreath! And love the kids splashing in the puddles! So much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Sue. What a great blog! And you're a great writer! I love all the money-saving tips. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. there's nothing worse than Canadian spring fever because it lasts soooo long. It is SNOWING here in Atlanta today but we won't have to wait so long for spring. The wild daffodils are coming up. I LOVE how its important to you to have flowers in the house - me too!

    ReplyDelete