Feb 23, 2010

Ingolf Chairs

Today I enjoyed eating breakfast on my new kitchen chairs. I have dreamed about these chairs since we first got married. At $89.99 a pop, I was never willing to spend $400+ dollars on chairs alone. When we moved to Calgary, Morg and I bought IKEA's second cheapest chairs available, which suited our family and our budget. At the time, I splurged on the Ingolf chair pads to spruce up the more plain chairs we had decided on. I guess I never really got over the Ingolf chairs I didn't walk away with because they've been in the back of my mind since as a "maybe one day..." purchase. They aren't paricularly original in any way, just EXACTLY everything I've always wanted in a kitchen chair. I started looking over a month ago for some interesting and reasonable priced kitchen chairs on my favorite kijiji site. I started off looking for some old farmhouse style chairs, or something antique looking that I could paint. About two weeks ago, someone posted 4 Ingolf chairs! I had plans to paint them white and was so excited. Much to my disapointment they were already sold. Two weeks later, another posting! This time they were in an antique white paint, with a bit of antique crackling - perfect for my already distressed black table. I had my doubts that they would only let me part with 4 of the 6, but when I called, she said 2 were already gone and she only had 4 left - PERFECT! You and me were meant to be, Ingolfs... When I picked them up, it was the woman selling them's husband who was home. It hit me suddenly that this was potentially a very dangerous situation, so I was quick to spit out something to the effect of "my husband is a cop and he knows where I am right now!". Although it did actually came out quite calmly and did actually flow with our small talk conversation..... My Ingolfs.....: These were our chairs before. I put them up on a local swap and buy site and they were gone in a few hours so that was nice. Here are my brighter, cheerier, sturdier, more handsome chairs (you can kind of see my new light fixture that my Dad kindly installed!):
Here they are with my 3 year old chair pads to match - I actually think i might prefer them without them...
One last shot. Look at those sexy curved legs.
There's my rant about my new chairs. Morg says he'll never understand how I can be so excited about chairs. He keeps catching me staring at them and sitting on them. All I can explain is that it's just like when I met him, I fell in love instantly and couldn't get him off my mind. Good thing I only had to wait 5 years instead of 10 to have the chairs!

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!!! And they do have sexy curved legs :) Good eye, and yay to Morgan for not freaking out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha! They are so super nice, I don't even know what ingolf chairs are, but they look preety sleek! Nice work, you are like a professional on kijiji!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so cute Sue! I love reading your blog. You have such a knack for fixing up your place so nice on a decent budget :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and I thought the part about you feeling a bit nervous at the strangers house was so funny. Better safe than sorry though right?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i bought six from these chairs yesterday, i like them a lot too; they are sexy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking about getting these chairs. Can I ask how they are holding up 3 years later? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you know if any spray paint is available to match the Ingolf chairs? We bought some white ones but now want to paint our older oak colored ones white to match. Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete