Mar 8, 2009

Going Coastal

We visited my parents new place near Victoria BC and had such a fun time. This is the view from the watch tower by their house. We had timed races up to the top and I won! What can I say, I'm fast. We went for lots of walks around the community my parents live in because it's just so darn pretty and right on the ocean. I think it will make for many fun vacations, and the company isn't bad too! :)
This is right after we made the trek down to the water through the forest in a NON rough terrain stroller. (I love my stroller but let's face it, it's meant for smooth turfs). It wasn't bad going down the path, but coming back up was a struggle. Especially since I didn't realize until half way up that I had the breaks on - smart girl. Once we realized we'de taken a slightly different path back up, we decided to make an adventure out of it and see if we could re-route home. Two hours later, it was starting to get dark and we were lost (my parents community is surrounded by huge BC trees and trails and forest) and we started to get worried since we had two cold and hungry kids, but then they fell asleep so we were able to huff it. Finally we found a lady jogging who directed us back home, thankfully. We slept well that night.
Morg enjoyed tee-ing off into the mountains.
We had fun taking an updated family picture.
Morg and Elizabeth in Victoria Harbour
We enjoyed a second Christmas at my parents. Mom left the tree up everything!
This is my nephew Miles! He is such a monkey! I love him!
Diggin for crabs on the beach, still a bit cold though!
I think Mason was sleeping in the car at this point. I am so excited to go back in tshirts this summer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment