Mar 10, 2009

Winter of our Discontent

So this has been a bit of a doozey of a winter for us with all the sicknesses that our kids have had! Between half a dozen colds, (Mason is 6 months old and has had five colds - the kid needs a break!) all-nighter throw-ups, week long cases of diarrhea, we've been slogged with home-boundness for a LONG time! I think I make it worse too since I try not to take my kids to any play dates or anything when they are sick so they don't get the neighborhood sick too. There have been healthy breaks and we've been able to fit in some fun here and there, but this sure feels like it's been the winter of taking care of sick kids. I am just venting I suppse and am so excited for summer to get here so we can play outside all the time! I love summer! In the meantime, this is a little bit of what we've been up to this winter.... Elizabeth with a snotty nose watching Enchanted on Dad's Christmas present. She thought it was so great.
Leave it up to Morg to find something fun out of nothing! All you need is a bit of tape.
Coolest look ever!
The kids really like playing together in their cribs. Elizabeth is reading "Here Comes Santa Clause" to Mason who was actually interested.
Haning out
Mason learned to eat solids. Kind of boring I know....but always an event in a house with a baby.
We went to the rec center pool whenever we could. This is Mason in his swim trunks, and a shirt we may have waited a bit too long to try on him....
I put Elizabeth to work whenever there is nothing to do. She loves windexing. I remember windexing as a kid and it was my favorite job to do around the house. Remember windexing the fireplace doors Leigh? So much satisfaction! hahaha.
working on the kitchen window. She's actually not bad at it - but is sometimes a little too spray-happy.
BRING ON SUMMER! WE'RE READY!

3 comments:

  1. Hey you I didn't know you had a blog!! Sorry you've all been so sick...al least the spring is coming up!! Hope you're doing great!! Our blog is private so just send me your email on facebook and ill send you an invite :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, I SO can't wait for summer too! Hahah, I love how Elizabeth cleans the windows! I remember cleaning the plethora of mirrors in the Brookridge house. Fun times. Can't wait for your guys' March break visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. Morgan has officially ruined that picture of Mason.

    ReplyDelete