Mar 22, 2009

Zoo Trip!

My friend Laura had a great idea to go to the zoo Saturday morning! We packed the kids up as fast as we could to get the best of the sunshine and it was a gorgeous morning (despite what it may look like with some snow on the ground...)! We both got annual passes so hopefully Elizabeth will be great friends with the animals by the end of the summer. The zoo is SO fun for the kids (and adults - Morg and I love it too!). Elizabeth's favorite animal was the giraffe. I'm not sure if it's becuase it's actually her favorite, or because she saw it first...probably the latter. My favorite were the hippos - they are so creepy and ugly looking, but they are so intriguing! I could watch them all day. After seeing lots of animals we had a nice healthy picnic lunch, though Elizabeth crashed it with her french fries (oops, my fault), though she happily shared with her friends. Afterwards the girls had a great time heckling some neerby geese, climbing the stadium stairs over and over, and checked out the huge tiger. By that time my kids were officially tuckered out. They had had such a good dose of fresh air and sunshine - always does it! I soon realized it was time to go though when the meltdowns started (my kids anyways!). It was such a great trip and made me so excited for more summer fun to come! Laura, her two girls Jadyn and Heidi, and Elizabeth.
They were almost dressed the same!
giraffes!
Heidi and Mason. Heidi has a year on Mason, yet, hmmm, not much difference in size.
Creepy hippo pic.
Who needs carrots? oops.
Mason showing off his snack.
Mason was so cool the whole trip (until the last few minutes). He is so chilled out and this picture depicts this perfectly!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love it Sue! Welcome to the club!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pics... sounds like it was a hoot. :)

    p.s. I'm very sad that you guys aren't coming anymore. Lame.

    ReplyDelete