Feb 27, 2009

Along the Way

We started off life as "the Kyles" in a very comfortable basement appartment on good old Brookridge Crescent. Morg's parents owned this house for many years and it's in the neighborhood (Fallingbrook....tear...) where Morgan and I grew up and met.
We enjoyed moving in, painting, and making our first home together. We have such fun memories in our first place I almost cry just thinking about it. It was one of the best times of my life!
We celebrated our first year anniversary and were eager to document the occation....
Morg's flowers he gave me: July 23rd 2005
Almost another year later, we decided we were ready to start a family and got pregnant right away. We were so excited and I was terrified at the same time. The phrase "no turning back now!" all of a sudden had a much heaftier meaning. This photo was taken at Pitrie Island in Ottawa, and I was about a month away from delivery and the only thing that fit me (comfortably) was overalls.
On November 17th, we gave my Dad a pretty cool birthday present - a baby girl named Elizabeth who was perfect.
Shortly after we moved to Calgary and bought a house.
And a car.
Celebrated our first Christmas in our first ever owned-home. We decided it was time to have another one, and got pregnant again.
This time around I felt much huger, and puffier, fatter, you name it. little did I know I was carrying a baby almost 2 pounds heavier this time.
Mason Smith Kyle was born August 23rd, 2008. He is such a cool addition to our family - a very easy going dude that gets along with everyone :)
Mason is 6 months now, Elizabeth 2 years and a bit, so this is where our blog begins.

4 comments:

  1. Woooooo! Great post! And I'm so excited for you to keep this up! Your blog looks awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would just like to say, that I got the "ball rolling" with you two. Remember when I spilled the beans and told you, Sue, that Morg had a crush and it was you?! Remember your reaction?? I remember that phone call so well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sue,
    What a cute blog you've started, and I love the re-cap post of your family and its begginings :) My blog is private so feel free to email me if you want to be added to my reader's list. I'm glad to have found yours.
    suzanne.b.lee@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw I miss you! My blog is the same as Suzanne's so email me and I'll add you teamkirk@gmail.com - can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete