Apr 14, 2010

Pottery Barn Inspiration

Here is the beautiful Pottery Barn "Mia" wall sconce. They retail for about $69.00, EACH. I found these Shannon Crystals at Homesense for $3.00, on mega clearance - obviously no one wanted them because their purpose was very unclear - are they for decorating wine glasses? napkin rings? who knows.
These are yet again my $4.00 Thirft Store black wall candle sconces - painted white.
It took me a while....but I played around with the crystals and the clasps and was able to come up with a configuration that used all of the crystals equally between each sconce. A little sewing thread and a couple drops of hot glue helped out.
They will never actually hold taper candles, since one of them is a bit crooked - and because these are in my daughter's room....
The 3 vases were also a thrifty find at 0.99 cents each.
While my chandelier sconces don't even come close to the Pottery Barn "Mia's" , with break down of $3.50 each I don't mind having the homemade ones.

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodnesss!!!! so GORGEOUS!!!!! What vision you have :) I was wondering about the glass vases with flowers, would those last long in Elizabeth's room? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So dainty!

    p.s. Where did you get the white floating shelves? I am looking for some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sue, you have done it again......how beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously, I can't really handle how perfect all your blog posts are. Good job Suesie Poosie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These would look precious in a little girls nursery! You did fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so lovely! I love re-finishing and home decor too! :)

    ReplyDelete