Jun 25, 2009

Father's Day Weekend

Over this last Father's Day Weekend we visited our family in Lethbridge. It was such a good time! On Saturday we visited Katie at her job (which is a pretty sweet job). She works at the Japanese Gardens and "tours" people who visit, which basically means she tells people not to step on the grass or climb trees or throw rocks in the water etc. Apparently there are tons of wedding parties that come take pictures at the gardens as well as people who come to meditate there. It was very interesting, and since we paid 7$ each to enter the gardens, we wanted to get our money's worth so we hung out with Katie for like three hours. Saturday night we put the kids to bed and while Grandma babysat, we decided to go out on the town! Morg and I were feeling like being young reckless singles again, so we wanted to do a fun night out on the town with Linda, Gene and Katie. Morg put a lot of pressure on Linda to get a fun party going, though it seemed like everybody bailed so we ended up just chilling out at Linda's with her roomies - though Adam and Tyelr stopped by so that was fun too. It was just as well since we are usually tired by 11:00pm anyway... Sunday was a lovely day of church and a yummy big meal as usual. I love my mother-in-law's cooking - it reminds me of the early marriage days when I used to get home form work late and never felt like cooking and so when Sunday's rolled around, so were we by the end of the day. Venus also came by that afternoon with her new fiance and she got the Kyle drilling of questions all about the wedding - so fun! She is so excited and happy - I can't wait for the wedding! Our fun weekend ended with us making the 2 hour drive back home - which is always kind of peaceful (yes even with two kids!) through the prairie roads. I'm glad we had a chance to celebrate Father's Day with family and get a really great 3 generations picture with Morg and Ken and Mason. I'm so grateful for Morg and all he does for our family. He is my rock - he is so reliable and helpful. He is so involved and energetic and FUN. I knew when I married him that life would never be boring. His kids are so in love with him. And so is his wife. Not a day goes by where I don't feel appreciated by him. Thank you for taking such good care of us Morg. Kyle Fam on Father's Day 2009: 3 Generations of Kyle men (I got Morg and Mason matching ties for father's day):
Gene at the gardens:
Morg and Elizabeth making a Japenese kite:
Mason liked the gardens too:
Elizabeth, Gene, Grandma Lorna:
The fam minus Mason, he was in his stroller sleeping I think:
Katie geared up:
We tried to pick up Katie - somehow her size 2 frame is a lot heavier than it looks - it mustbe all that muscle:

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the matching ties, so cute!!!! And I love the pictures of Elizabeth making the kite, her little horses are never far away I take it!!! Look like such a fun family day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! Such a cute family, and love the Kyle family! I think something will feel different when we move back to Ottawa without the Kyle family in the Stake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a nice post. You have such a great family. Looks like you guys had a blast.

    ReplyDelete