Jun 22, 2009

Dad!

Happy Father's Day Dad! Here is my cool Dad at the helm of his new sailboat: Due to distance yet again, I was not able to spend Father's Day with my Dad. As I thought about him and thought about some of my memories of him I wanted to write them down for safe keeping: -dancing to anything from his CD collection - Best of Cream, Simon and Garfunkle, Leonard Cohen ("Clooooosing Time") you name it. -playing ball - baseball, basketball, soccer. I always thought it was so cool that my Dad could always play sports with me and keep up:) -watching Home Improvement and Rosanne as a family. -He never let me dye my hair until I was 14. I asked every week from for two years prior I think. He didn't want me to look like a "tart". -Even though my Dad wore the pants in the family, he was somehow a bit more of a softy than my Mom for most (not all) things. Leigh and I always knew Dad might let us do something that Mom would immediately say no to. Except for hair dying. And going to movies with boys. -As a parent/grown up person now, I realize my Dad tought me the value of patience. He didn't usually let us have things right away. He would say "no" and then it would unsuspectingly show up as a birthday gift almost a year later. Like my basketball net, or my 12-speed bike. -working outside, working inside - Dad worked around our house a lot! -Dad working at Grandma's house! -Dad fixing anything and everything for anyone and everyone -Chocloate chip pankcakes -Burger King nights when Mom worked -Dad letting us order our own Burger King meal separately - and teaching us that by paying for them separately we would save a few cents on tax. -patience! Dad had lots of patience for things and rarely lost his temper. He was the parent we would learn to drive with, or help us with math homework. -Dad catching my barf in his hands -Dad brushing my hair in front of the tv Thanks for everything Dad. Happy Father's Day! xoxoxoxox This is a picture of a picture, hence the brutalness of quality:

2 comments:

  1. Oh Sue :) I had forgotten a lot of those things :) I love the buying burger king meals separately thing :) love this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is bev with Modbefashion. I was out of a vacation and back now. I'm sure I can hook you up with a modbe suit. email me directly at bev.jones@mymodbe.com

    ReplyDelete