Oct 26, 2010

Anniversary Getaway

A couple weeks ago we celebrated a late 6th wedding Anniversary, thanks to Morg's mom who kindly took care of our kids while we were away. We were married in July though we decided to wait until the fall to experience the Banff Springs Hotel. It was the perfect season to spend a romantic getaway. I only wish we had waited a couple more weeks though, since the Christmas decorations in the hotel were due to be set up in November, and that. would. have. been. DREAMY. We spent an entire day at the hotel Spa. It was bliss. There were mineral pools and outdoor hottubs in the Spa, to which we had access all day, as well as free snacks our whole visit. I pulles this picture from the internet since we weren't allowed any phones or cameras in the Spa, since it would "ruin the tranquility".....
In the elevator.
There were so many rooms to explore in this huge hotel. I thought it was very strange that most of them were not really being used, and felt kind of like a museum. We kept thinking, "our kids would LOVE to run around here and explore". Next time we'll bring them...maybe.
You could find old antique wood furniture ALL over the hotel, lining every wall.
I REALLY wanted to take something home. There is no way they needed all that furniture.
I want this one - and a can of white paint.
View from our room.
This is our spa-like bathroom.
We spent most of our time in pools - both indoor and outdoor. This was an amazingly warm pool outside. We had woken up to snow that morning and we down to the outdoor pool and were surrounded by snow covered mountains.
Self-portrait...
Someday we will definately go back.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you guys getting away alone! Looks so fun, I love that hotel, though I have never actually stayed over night, I have gone exploring inside, it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO much fun!! I love that you took pictures of the bathroom :) I would have done that too :)

    ReplyDelete