Sep 8, 2010

Pink Side Table and Heritage Park

I found this little girly side table at a garage sale a few weeks ago for $5.00. It was a soft yellow which I actually liked but I did not appreciate the gold accents on the leafy details. Even though Elizabeth's room is very lavender, she has bright punches of fusia in her mermaid quilt, so I was thinking soft pink. I knew that there was a shortage of softer spray paint colours in our local department stores, so I was prepared to maybe have to foam roller this one and buy a small can of paint if I wanted the right colour. When I found nothing on the shelves I asked the paint clerk if they would ever order in any nicer spray paint colours and he said "we have some pink behind the counter you can just have". So he gave me 2 cans of Rustoleum "candy pink" for free (which they no longer carry). Woohoo! The colour is still a bit more vibrant than I was imagining but since he handed me about $12 worth of free paint I figured it was now the perfect colour haha! A first coat of Rustoleum Plastic Spray Paint in white is what I always use as my primer. I will never use anything other than that to prime any piece of furniture. I've tried many primers on many different surfaces and no matter how much I sand and prep, it never sticks properly. With the plastic spray you don't have to do a thing, just maybe wipe the dust off of it.
No more gold leafies.
I thought it was sort of neat how it opened like an oven. Maybe someday this'll actually transform into a kids play oven haha.
My parents also came to visit for a week and this was taken right before my cousin's wedding.
Mom and Dad took the kids on a horse wagon ride at Heritage Park.
Outside a home that was built in the 1890ish ( I think she said...). The homes were so fun and interesting to look at, I could walk through them all day.
Just getting off a real early 1900's carousel.
Now fall is here in full swing and the kids are planning their halloween costumes already. I'm not sure how I'm going to survive the winter without bikes. Our kids live in bikes. Heaven help me!

4 comments:

  1. LOVE the nightstand!!! Gorgeous!!! Love Elizabeth's fall coat too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome nightstand!!! You are right... totally cool how it opens like that. Hope you guys had fun with your parents. We miss yall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you back! I love the nightstand and you know what that is the perfect to be kitchen set, you could stick some cute burners on top and the oven.... seriously, one day you have to transform it! but for now I LOVE the colour! It really is perfect! You are so good at finding furniture deals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see you back with another project! Great style in this piece.

    ReplyDelete