Aug 6, 2009

A Week and a Half of Pure Summer Fun

We had a really great time visiting my parents in Victoria, BC. As I was going through the pictures, I wanted to pick the ones that evoked the best memories for me , or at least the most emotion. Here's Elizabeth jumping into the pool. She's such a dare-devil. I wonder who she gets it from.... This was a lunch with my parents at the White Spot. The kids were pretty good and Mason swalloed a 2 inch piece of bacon whole. Who has time for chewing?
I love this picture. We spent lots of time wading around in lakes/beachy areas. We got some waterguns from the dollar store and had a few duels.
We spent a gorgeous afternoon on the boat with the kids. I don't remember much of the scenery....since we were trying to keep our kids happy and safe, but I loved watching them get to experience a sail on the ocean. I think there will be so many more fun memoreis to come on this boat!
We spent a good portion of our time in my parents pool in their community. Our kids love the water. I think this is more of a Kyle trait.
This picture makes me think of how much my little girl is growing up!
This picture makes me think of how nice it was to have so many "hands free" moments while we visited my parents.
My mom took this shot. This was such a pretty place. The water level was so low we were basically sitting on a river floor. Behind Elizabeth somewhere is rope hanging from a tree to jump into the water with (when the water level is much higher!). It just seemed like the perfect little summer scene. This is my Dad with Mason and some extra clothes on his head.
He knew something was up there, but wasn't sure what. This is some more relaxing and wading around Shawnigan Lake. Mom told me that something like 5 generations have enjoyed this very spot.
We had a wonderful time and are already looking forward to next summer.

3 comments:

  1. I need to find people who have a boat. Looks like you had a great time! Glad you're enjoying the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures! Your new blog background is nice too! Wish I could have been there, those "hands free' moments look nice too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had such a nice vacation. Looks beautiful! I miss the water!

    ReplyDelete